This Vegan banana bread is a popular plant-based version of the classic sweet bread. It’s made with mashed bananas, flour, and other ingredients such as plant-based milk, and a sweetener. This banana bread is a delicious and healthy treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Banana bread can be served on its own as a snack or dessert. Also, it can also be paired with a hot beverage.
You can serve vegan banana bread as a dessert in many ways, such as:
- Warm with a scoop of vegan ice cream on top.
- Sliced and topped with coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
- Served with a drizzle of vegan chocolate sauce and chopped nuts.
- Toasted and spread with vegan butter or cream cheese.
- Served as a bread pudding, warm or cold, with a dollop of vegan whipped cream.
These are just a few ideas, but you can get creative and come up with your own unique ways to serve vegan banana bread as a dessert.
For Breakfast or a Snack
There are a few ways to serve vegan banana bread for breakfast. Here are some ideas:
- Toasted: Slice the banana bread and toast it in a toaster or in the oven. Serve it warm with vegan butter, millet butter, peanut or almond butter.
- With yogurt and fruit: Slice the banana bread and serve it with a dollop of vegan yogurt and fresh fruit, such as berries, sliced banana, or diced mango.
- In a smoothie bowl: Blend frozen banana, plant milk, and smoothie items. Then cut a slice of banana bread. Toast, and then cut the slice into squares. Pour the mixture into a bowl and top with banana bread croutons (squares), granola, nuts, and fruit.
- French toast: Cut the banana bread into thick slices and soak them in a mixture of plant milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Cook the slices on a griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
- With fruit or fruit preserves for a healthier breakfast.
These are just a few ideas, but you can also get creative and come up with your own ways to enjoy vegan banana bread for breakfast!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can Banana Bread be made ahead and frozen?
Yes, Vegan Banana Bread can be frozen successfully, and it’s a great way to have a delicious treat on hand whenever you’re craving it. Here’s how to freeze vegan banana bread:
- Cool Completely: Allow the baked banana bread to cool completely at room temperature before freezing. This helps prevent moisture buildup and ensures the bread maintains its texture.
- Wrap the Whole Loaf: You can wrap the entire loaf of banana bread tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure it’s well-sealed to prevent freezer burn. Alternatively, you can use a freezer-safe resealable bag.
- Slicing: Slicing the banana bread before freezing is optional. Slicing it beforehand can make it easier to thaw and enjoy individual servings. If you choose to slice it, you can place a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap between the slices to prevent them from sticking together.
- Seal and Label: Place the wrapped or sliced banana bread in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container. Remove as much air as possible from the bag before sealing. Label the bag or container with the date of freezing.
- Freeze: Place the wrapped or sliced banana bread in the freezer. It can typically be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- Thawing: When you’re ready to enjoy the banana bread, remove the desired number of slices from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature. You can also warm individual slices in the microwave or oven if desired.
By freezing the Vegan Banana Bread, you can have a homemade treat available whenever you want it. Slicing the bread before freezing can make it more convenient to thaw and enjoy, especially if you don’t plan to consume the entire loaf at once. Just make sure to wrap and store it properly to maintain its taste and texture.
How long does Banana Bread store for?
In the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to cool the bread completely before wrapping it and storing it. When you’re ready to eat it, simply let it come to room temperature or reheat it in the oven or microwave.
Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.