Looking for a quick and easy side dish that’s both healthy and flavorful? Then you’ll love this recipe for Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans. With just a few simple ingredients, this dish comes together in no time and is bursting with delicious flavors. This recipe is a great way to add some variety to your vegetable repertoire and is sure to become a new favorite in your household. It all can be made in about 10 minutes!
How to Make Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans
In just five simple steps you can make Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans. It’s a flavorful recipe that can be made in a skillet with fresh string beans, garlic, and a few other ingredients. The string beans are quickly cooked in the skillet with garlic and olive oil until they are tender. Other ingredients like lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and Vegan Parmesan cheese can be added to enhance the flavor of the dish. This recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy side dish that can be served with any meal.
Rinse and trim the string beans
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the string beans and salt to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender but still crisp.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the beans and stir to combine. Serve hot and enjoy your vegan string beans!
Sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, chopped nuts before servings. If you like your seeds or nuts toasty, then add to the skillet a few minutes before done.
Here are some additional tips for making easy skillet garlic string beans:
- To make the dish spicier, you can add some more red pepper flakes or add chili powder along with the garlic.
- For a more colorful dish, you can add some sliced bell peppers or cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- To prevent the beans from becoming too soft, make sure to cook them just until they are tender-crisp.
- To make the dish more flavorful, you can add a splash of soy sauce, coconut aminos, or coconut or balsamic vinegar to the pan.
Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans are already vegan-friendly, so you can feel good about serving them alongside other plant-based dishes. They make a versatile side dish that pairs well with many different types of courses. Here are a few vegan main course options that would pair well with this side dish:
- Vegan meatloaf is a perfect pare for Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans. It’s a more sophisticated dinner when paired this way, and they are easy to make.
- Lentil or chickpea curry: A hearty and flavorful lentil or chickpea curry would pair nicely with the crunchy texture and garlicky flavor of the string beans.
- Vegan “meatballs” and marinara: Serve the string beans alongside vegan “meatballs” made from chickpeas, lentils or mushrooms and a tangy marinara sauce for a comforting and satisfying meal.
- Tofu Vegetable stir-fry: A stir-fry made with tofu and a variety of colorful vegetables, such as bell peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms, would make a tasty and nutritious vegan main course when paired with these garlic string beans.
- Pasta: Serve the string beans alongside your favorite pasta dish, such as spaghetti with tomato sauce, for a complete and satisfying meal.
- Rice or quinoa: String beans are a great side dish to serve with rice or quinoa bowls, adding some much-needed green to your plate.
- Vegan shepherd’s pie: A hearty vegan shepherd’s pie made with lentils, potatoes, and vegetables would make a comforting and satisfying main course when served with these flavorful string beans.
- Veggie burger: Serve these string beans alongside a homemade or store-bought veggie burger and all the fixings, such as lettuce, tomato, and avocado, for a delicious and satisfying vegan meal.
- Stuffed bell peppers: Stuffed bell peppers filled with quinoa, beans, and vegetables would make a flavorful and filling vegan main course that would pair nicely with these garlic string beans.
- Vegan tacos: Load up corn or flour tortillas with seasoned cauliflower with toppings of lettuce or spinach, grated carrot, diced tomatoes, vegan cheese, sour cream and avocado crema. Make it a complete meal and pair it with some garlicky string beans.
- Vegan quiche: A slice of vegan quiche would make a delicious and satisfying vegan main course when paired with these garlicky string beans. Try Vegan Spinach, Mushroom, Sun-dried Tomato Quiche.
- Vegan stuffed mushrooms: Stuffed mushrooms filled with a mixture of breadcrumbs, chopped vegetables, and vegan cheese would make a flavorful and protein-packed vegan main course when paired with these garlicky string beans.
- Vegan shakshuka: A vegan shakshuka made with chickpeas, tomatoes, and spices would make a hearty and flavorful vegan main course when served with these delicious string beans.
These are some examples of vegan main courses that would pair well with Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans. The possibilities are endless, so feel free to get creative and come up with your own delicious combinations. Overall, Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans can be paired with many different types of main courses, making them a great go-to side dish for any meal.
Easy Vegan String Beans
- 1 pound fresh string beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Rinse and trim the string beans
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the string beans and salt to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender but still crisp.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the beans and stir to combine.
- Serve hot and enjoy your vegan string beans!