Taste the goodness of our Vegan Olive Pesto! This zesty blend of green and black olives, fresh basil, and almonds creates a versatile pesto perfect for pasta, sandwiches, or dips. With a burst of lemon and the creaminess of nutritional yeast, it’s a flavorful delight. Quick to make and fridge-friendly for a week, our vegan pesto adds a Mediterranean touch to any meal. Enjoy a dairy-free, plant-based twist on a classic favorite!
Enjoy your Vegan Olive Pesto! This flavorful and versatile pesto is great for pasta, sandwiches, wraps, or as a dip for fresh veggies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the Vegan Olive Pesto last in the refrigerator?
Stored in an airtight container, it can last up to a week in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze Vegan Olive Pesto?
Yes, it freezes well. Portion it into ice cube trays for easy serving sizes.
What variations can I make to the recipe?
You can experiment with different olives, herbs, or nuts for unique flavor profiles.
Is this pesto suitable for nut allergies?
If you have nut allergies, consider omitting the nuts or using a nut-free alternative.
Can I use this pesto for pizza?
Absolutely! Spread it on pizza dough as a flavorful sauce.
Is Vegan Olive Pesto gluten-free?
Yes, the basic recipe is gluten-free. Always check ingredient labels to be sure.
How do I adjust the consistency of the pesto?
Add more olive oil for a smoother consistency or reduce for a thicker pesto.
Can I use black olives without of green, or green olives without black olives?
Yes, instead of mixing green and black olives, you can use either black or green olives for a different flavor profile.
Is this pesto suitable for a Mediterranean-themed party?
Certainly! It’s a perfect addition to a Mediterranean-inspired spread.
What other dishes can I use this pesto for?
It’s great on sandwiches, wraps, salads, or as a dip for vegetables.
Delicious Pesto Dishes
- Pesto Potato Pizza
- Roasted Pesto Potatoes
- Easy Pesto Pasta
- Pesto and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Roasted Vegetable and Pesto Sandwich
- 1 cup pitted green and black olives
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
- ⅓ cup raw almonds or pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine the pitted green olives, fresh basil, parsley, almonds or pine nuts, and garlic.
- Pulse the ingredients until coarsely chopped.
- Add nutritional yeast, olive oil, and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Process until the ingredients form a smooth paste. You can adjust the consistency by adding more olive oil if needed.
- Season the olive pesto with salt and pepper to taste. Blend again to incorporate the seasonings.
- Taste the pesto and adjust the lemon, salt, or nutritional yeast according to your preference.
- Transfer the vegan olive pesto to a jar or airtight container for storage.
- Store in the refrigerator. It can be used immediately or refrigerated for up to a week.