Indulge in a delicious and healthy dessert with this easy vegan chocolate pudding recipe. It’s budget-friendly and made with simple and affordable ingredients, This pudding is perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings without the guilt. With a rich and creamy texture and a hint of vanilla, this pudding is a crowd-pleaser for both vegans and non-vegans alike. Vegan Chocolate Pudding is a snack or dessert that makes a sweet treat!
This chocolate pudding is a treat on it’s own. But if you like to add a little extra there are plenty of toppings that can be added. Here are some options:
- Fresh fruit: Serve the chocolate pudding with fresh fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, or bananas. This adds a fruity flavor and a fresh touch to the dessert.
- Vegan whipped cream: Top the pudding with vegan whipped cream. You can either use store-bought vegan whipped cream or make your own using coconut cream.
- Chopped nuts: Sprinkle chopped nuts such as almonds, pistachios, or hazelnuts over the chocolate pudding. This adds a crunchy texture and enhances the flavor of the pudding.
- Shredded coconut: Add shredded coconut on top of the chocolate pudding for a tropical touch. You can also toast the coconut before adding it to the pudding for an extra depth of flavor.
- Chocolate chips: Add vegan chocolate chips on top of the pudding for an extra chocolatey touch.
- Graham crackers: Crushed graham crackers can be sprinkled on top of the pudding, giving it a sweet and crunchy texture.
- Cinnamon: A sprinkle of cinnamon can enhance the flavor of the chocolate pudding and add a warm and comforting touch.
- Chocolate powder: For a sophisticated twist, sprinkle a bit of powder on top of the chocolate pudding.
If you’re serving the chocolate pudding for a special occasion or want to dress it up, you can try adding several toppings together such as sliced strawberries, raspberries, or bananas, whipped coconut cream, chopped nuts, or a sprinkle of sea salt for some added flavor. You could also serve it alongside some vegan cookies or a scoop of vegan ice cream for a more indulgent dessert option.
Vegan pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It may thicken as it chills, so you can add a splash of plant-based milk and stir to loosen it up before serving. It is not recommended to freeze chocolate pudding, as the texture and consistency may change.
More Delicious Desserts and Snacks
- Vegan Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Vegan Blackberry Ice Cream
- Peach Ginger Sorbet
- Nice Cream, Ice Cream
More Chocolate Recipes
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (such as almond, soy, or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the non-dairy milk until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, whisking constantly, for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until set.