Vegan roasted cauliflower tacos with avocado crema are a delicious and healthy plant-based meal option. Roasted cauliflower is used as a tasty and satisfying meat alternative, and is topped with a zesty avocado crema, making for a flavorful and satisfying taco.
The roasted cauliflower adds a nutty and slightly sweet flavor to the dish, while the avocado crema provides a creamy and tangy finish. This recipe is also very easy to customize with different toppings and seasonings. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or a fun gathering with friends and family.
More Topping Options:
There are many topping options that go well with vegan roasted cauliflower tacos with avocado crema. Here are some of the most popular:
- Sliced jalapenos
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced onions
- Lime wedges served on the side
- Add a dollop of vegan sour cream
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese for added flavor
- Red cabbage slaw: Toss shredded red cabbage with lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper for a colorful and crunchy topping.
- Pickled onions: Thinly slice red onions and marinate in a mixture of vinegar, water, sugar, and salt for at least 30 minutes before using as a tangy and sweet topping.
- Salsa: Use your favorite store-bought or homemade salsa to add a burst of flavor to your tacos.
- Cilantro: Sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves on top of the tacos for a bright and herbaceous flavor.
- Hot sauce: Add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce to give the tacos some heat.
- Roasted peppers: Roast red, yellow, or green peppers and slice them into strips to add a smoky and sweet flavor to the tacos.
- Vegan cheese: Grate some vegan cheese on top of the tacos for a melty and creamy finish.
- Cilantro-lime slaw: Toss shredded cabbage and carrots with lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- Pico de gallo: Combine diced tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and cilantro with lime juice and salt.
- Grilled corn: Cut kernels off grilled corn and sprinkle over tacos for added sweetness and texture.
- Mango salsa: Combine diced mango, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice for a sweet and spicy topping.
- Guacamole: Use freshly made guacamole instead of the avocado crema for a different twist on the topping.
- Black bean and corn salsa: Combine black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and cilantro for a flavorful topping that adds protein to the tacos.
Popular Topping Combos:
- Roasted sweet potatoes and black beans
- Sautéed bell peppers and onions
- Mango salsa and lime wedges
- Grilled corn and diced tomatoes
- Pineapple chunks and jalapeño slices
- Pickled red onions and sliced radishes
- Shredded lettuce and chopped cilantro
- Vegan sour cream and hot sauce
- Crispy tofu and soy sauce
- Shredded cabbage and grated carrots
- Vegan bacon and baby spinach leaves
Mix and match to find your favorite combination!
Alternative Serving Options:
- Assemble the tacos with roasted cauliflower, avocado crema, and add any desired toppings.
- Serve the roasted cauliflower and avocado crema on a bed of lettuce for a lighter option.
- Turn the tacos into a bowl by serving the roasted cauliflower and avocado crema over rice or quinoa. Top with chopped veggies, such as bell peppers and cherry tomatoes, and add any toppings for extra flavor.
What to Serve with?
There are many vegan options that would pair well with roasted cauliflower tacos with avocado crema, such as:
- Mexican street corn: This is a classic Mexican side dish that is perfect with tacos. Grilled corn on the cob is coated with a mixture of mayo, lime juice, chili powder, and cotija cheese. For a vegan version, you can use vegan mayo and vegan cheese, or skip the cheese altogether.
- Refried beans: Refried beans are a staple in Mexican cuisine and are a great source of protein. You can make your own or use canned refried beans, and serve them as a side dish or as a taco filling.
- Rice and beans: Rice and beans is another classic Mexican dish that is easy to make and goes well with tacos. You can serve it as a side dish or use it as a taco filling.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is a creamy and flavorful dip made with avocados, lime juice, cilantro, and spices. It’s perfect for dipping chips or adding to your tacos.
- Salsa: Salsa is a staple in Mexican cuisine and can be served as a dip or used as a topping for tacos.
- Salad: A simple salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado is a refreshing side dish that goes well with tacos.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and onions are a great way to add more vegetables to your meal and complement the flavors of the tacos.
- Chips and salsa: A bowl of tortilla chips with salsa is a classic appetizer that can also be served as a side dish.
These are just a few ideas, but there are many other vegan options that would go well with roasted cauliflower tacos with avocado crema.
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 -10 small tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, baby spinach leaves, grated carrot, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, hot sauce, vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper until well coated.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender.
- While cauliflower is roasting, make the avocado crema by blending the avocado, sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Warm tortillas in the oven or on a stovetop griddle.
- To assemble tacos, place a spoonful of roasted cauliflower on each tortilla, then top with avocado crema and any desired toppings. Serve immediately. Enjoy your vegan roasted cauliflower tacos with avocado crema!