Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is a creamy and flavorful appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s cheesy and seasoned to perfection! It’s a bowl of vegan cheesy flavors all mingling with tender spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic. Then this dip is baked to a golden perfection and served warm with your favorite dippers. Serve on game day, for after school kid-friendly snack or for lunchbox treats, or as an appetizer for your next holiday, potluck, or special occasion. It’s an irresistible crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone coming back for more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this dip suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
Yes, this dip is entirely vegan, making it suitable for vegans and vegetarians. It contains no animal products.
What can I use for dipping?
You can serve this dip with various dippers such as crackers, tortilla chips, sliced baguette, pita bread, or vegetable sticks (like carrot and celery). Additionally, it can even be used as a sandwich spread or on toast.
Can I make this dip in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the dip in advance, then refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it. This is convenient for planning ahead for parties and gatherings.
Can I customize this dip?
Absolutely! You can customize this dip by adjusting the seasonings, adding or omitting ingredients, or incorporating different herbs and spices to suit your taste preferences. For instance, you could add 2 jars of artichoke hearts, or add more garlic.
What type of vegan cream cheese works best?
You can use any vegan cream cheese you prefer. There are various brands and flavors available, so choose the one that you like best. On the other hand, you can make your own.
Can I omit the vegan Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast?
Yes, you can omit the vegan Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, if you prefer. It’s optional and can be adjusted based on your taste.
Can I reheat leftovers?
Yes, you can reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave. It’s delicious both freshly baked and reheated.
Is this dip gluten-free?
The dip itself is typically gluten-free, but it’s essential to check the labels of your vegan cream cheese, vegan sour cream, and vegan Parmesan cheese to ensure they are gluten-free if you have dietary restrictions.
Can I make my own sour cream for this recipe?
More Delicious Dips
- Easy Hummus Recipe
- White Bean Dip with Sundried Tomatoes
- Best Roasted Beet Hummus
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- Green Olive Salsa
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14 oz jars, quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, and then chopped
- 8 oz. (about 1 cup) vegan cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- ⅛ cup plant based milk (or vegetable broth)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (or vegan parmesan )
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (if you want it more garlicy use 3 – 4 cloves)
- ½ cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened vegan cream cheese, vegan sour cream and plant based milk or vegetable broth. Mix until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the thawed and drained chopped spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, and vegan Mozzarella cheese (if using). Mix everything together until evenly incorporated.
- Season the mixture with salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings as needed to suit your preference.
- Spread the creamy spinach and artichoke mixture evenly into an oven-safe baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the dip is heated through and the top is slightly golden.
- Remove the baked dip from the oven. If desired, garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve it warm with your choice of dippers such as tortilla chips, sliced baguette, or vegetable sticks.