These Vegan Sweet Potato Meatballs are creative, fun and packed full of flavor! A twist on the Italian Meatball, these succulent bites are naturally sweet with the sweet potatoes. However, they are wonderfully savory, too! It’s a delight for the taste buds. Whether you serve them for dinner, or serve them as an capitating appetizer they are sure to please.
How to Serve Vegan Sweet Potato Meatballs
There are several delicious ways to serve these Vegan Sweet Potato Meatballs:
- Pasta Partner: Serve the meatballs over a bed of your favorite cooked pasta, such as spaghetti, linguine, or penne. Top with a rich tomato sauce or a creamy vegan Alfredo sauce for a comforting and satisfying meal.
- Sandwich Sensation: Create a flavorful meatball sub by placing the meatballs in a crusty vegan roll. Add marinara sauce, some vegan cheese, and your choice of fresh greens for a hearty and satisfying sandwich.
- Appetizer Amazement: Arrange the meatballs on a platter with toothpicks, and serve them as a delicious and attractive appetizer at parties or gatherings. Pair them with a dipping sauce like vegan aioli or a tangy BBQ sauce.
- Bowl Bliss: Build a nourishing bowl with the meatballs as the centerpiece. Add cooked grains like quinoa or rice, along with a variety of roasted or sautéed vegetables. Drizzle with your favorite dressing for a wholesome and colorful meal.
- Salad Sensibility: Place warm or chilled meatballs on a bed of fresh greens and veggies to create a vibrant salad. Top with a zesty vinaigrette or a creamy vegan dressing for a light and satisfying dish.
- Standalone Star: Enjoy the meatballs as they are, served with a side of your favorite roasted vegetables or a grain salad. This simple yet flavorful option lets the meatballs shine on their own.
Ultimately, the serving options are endless, and you can get creative based on your preferences and the occasion. Whether you’re looking for a comforting main course or an appetizing starter, these Vegan Sweet Potato Meatballs are versatile and sure to be a hit.
What Sauces Go Well With These Meatballs?
These Vegan Sweet Potato Meatballs pair wonderfully with a variety of sauces that complement their sweet and savory flavors. Here are some delicious sauce options to consider:
- Marinara Sauce: A classic choice, marinara sauce adds a tangy and savory element that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the sweet potato meatballs.
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce: For a creamy and indulgent option, a vegan Alfredo sauce provides a rich and velvety texture that balances the flavors.
- BBQ Sauce: A smoky and slightly sweet BBQ sauce can add a delightful kick to the meatballs, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
- Pesto Sauce: The vibrant and herbaceous notes of pesto can enhance the overall taste, adding a burst of freshness to each bite.
- Tahini Sauce: A tahini-based sauce offers a nutty and slightly tangy profile that complements the nutty flavors in the meatballs.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: For those who enjoy a touch of heat and sweetness, sweet chili sauce can provide a delightful contrast to the savory meatballs.
- Soy Ginger Glaze: A soy ginger glaze brings an Asian-inspired flair with a balance of savory and slightly sweet notes.
- Creamy Cashew Sauce: Creamy cashew-based sauces bring richness and depth, creating a luscious coating for the meatballs.
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: A roasted red pepper sauce adds a unique flavor and vibrant color, enhancing the visual appeal of the dish.
Feel free to experiment with these sauce options or create your own based on your preferences. The goal is to enhance the flavors of the meatballs while adding a complementary taste dimension to your meal.
More Delicious Meatball Recipes
Vegan Sweet Potato Meatballs
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans) – (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, soy sauce or tamari (gluten free)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- If you don't already have cooked sweet potatoes, start by steaming or boiling the diced sweet potatoes until they are soft and easily mashed. Drain and let them cool slightly
- In a mixing bowl, mash the cooked sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the mashed chickpeas, chopped nuts, coconut aminos, maple syrup, finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, smoked paprika, onion granules, garlic granules and salt. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Shape the sweet potato mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are firm and slightly golden on the outside.
- Serve the sweet potato meatballs as a main course, appetizer, or snack. The flavorful glaze adds a delightful touch and enhances the taste of the meatballs. They can be enjoyed on their own or paired with your favorite dipping sauce.