How to Make Trail Mix
To make trail mix, combine nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and any other desired ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and store in an airtight container for a healthy and delicious snack.
Trail mix is a classic snack that’s perfect for any outdoor adventure or for satisfying your midday cravings. It’s a versatile snack that can be customized to your liking with your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and even chocolate. And the best part is that it’s easy to make and can be stored for days, making it a convenient snack option for any time. This vegan trail mix recipe is a perfect balance of sweet and salty, and it’s packed with healthy fats and protein to keep you energized throughout the day. Plus, it’s a great source of fiber and other essential nutrients. In this recipe, we’ll be using a variety of nuts and seeds, along with dried fruits and vegan chocolate chips, to create a delicious and nutritious snack that everyone will love.
Vegan trail mix is a versatile snack that can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are some ideas on how to serve it:
- On its own: Trail mix is a delicious snack that can be eaten on its own as a quick pick-me-up during the day.
- As a topping: Sprinkle some trail mix on top of your oatmeal, yogurt, or smoothie bowl for added texture and flavor.
- In a salad: Add some trail mix to your favorite salad for a crunchy and nutritious topping.
- In baked goods: Use trail mix as a mix-in for your homemade granola bars, muffins, or cookies.
- On a charcuterie board: Create a vegan-friendly charcuterie board with some trail mix, along with some fresh fruits, vegetables, and dips.
No matter how you choose to serve it, vegan trail mix is a convenient and delicious snack that is perfect for any occasion.
Here are some tips for making a delicious and healthy vegan trail mix:
- Choose a variety of nuts: Use a combination of nuts such as almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pecans to provide a range of flavors and nutrients.
- Add some seeds: Include seeds such as pumpkin, sunflower, and chia seeds for extra crunch and nutritional benefits.
- Mix in some dried fruit: Choose dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins, apricots, and dates for sweetness and a burst of flavor.
- Incorporate some whole grains: Consider adding some whole grain cereal, pretzels, or popcorn to add a satisfying crunch and boost the fiber content.
- Spice it up: Sprinkle in some cinnamon, ginger, or other spices to add some warmth and depth of flavor.
- Watch portion sizes: While trail mix is a healthy snack, it can also be high in calories if eaten in large amounts, so be mindful of portion sizes and try to stick to a serving size of about 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
- Store properly: To keep your trail mix fresh, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to several weeks.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and nutritious vegan trail mix that is perfect for snacking on-the-go or as a healthy addition to your breakfast or lunch.
storing trail mix properly is important to maintain its freshness and prevent it from going stale. You can store your trail mix in an airtight container or resealable bag at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and moisture. It is best to consume the trail mix within 1-2 weeks to ensure its freshness. If you want to store it for a longer time, you can keep it in the refrigerator or freezer, which will extend its shelf life up to several months. Just make sure to bring the trail mix back to room temperature before eating it.
- 1 cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc.)
- 1 cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.)
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, etc.)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread the mixed nuts and seeds on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Mix the roasted nuts and seeds with the dried fruit and vegan chocolate chips (if using).
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy as a snack or on your next hiking trip!