This Smoothie Bowl with Spinach and Almond Butter is a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack. It’s easy to make and packed with nutrition. Additionally this smoothie bowl recipe features wholesome ingredients such as spinach, banana, and almond butter. The ingredients are then blended together to create a creamy and satisfying bowl that’s both tasty and nutritious.
Smoothie Bowl tips
- Use ripe bananas for a sweeter smoothie bowl. If your bananas are not yet ripe, you can ripen them quickly by placing them in a brown paper bag for a day or two.
- Blend the spinach and liquid ingredients first to ensure a smooth consistency. This will help prevent any leafy chunks in your smoothie bowl.
- Use frozen banana slices to make your smoothie bowl creamier and thicker. You can freeze banana slices ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container or freezer bag in the freezer for up to a few months.
- Add toppings to your smoothie bowl for texture and extra flavor. Some good options include fresh fruit, granola, nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes.
- Adjust the consistency of your smoothie bowl by adding more or less liquid. If you want a thicker consistency, use less liquid. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add more liquid.
- You can swap out the almond butter for other nut or seed butters, such as peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter.
- To make your smoothie bowl extra nutritious, you can add other ingredients. To add more nutrition try protein powder, chia seeds, hemp hearts, or acai berries.
- It’s best to consume the Smoothie Bowl with Spinach, Banana, and Almond Butter immediately after making it to enjoy its fresh taste and creamy texture. However, if you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- It’s normal for the smoothie to separate and thicken when stored in the fridge. You can simply give it a stir or blend it again before eating to restore its creamy texture. If the smoothie has become too thick, you can thin it out with a little bit of almond milk or water.
- To avoid waste, I recommend making only as much smoothie as you plan to eat in one serving. If you have leftover ingredients, you can freeze them in a zip-top bag and use them for your next smoothie bowl. Frozen banana slices, in particular, are a great addition to smoothie bowls and can be easily blended from a frozen state.
Smoothie Bowl with Spinach, Banana, and Almond Butter
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, or agave
- ½ cup ice
- toppings: sliced banana, chia seeds, granola, sliced almonds
- In a blender, combine the banana, spinach, almond milk, almond butter, honey (if using), and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with sliced banana, chia seeds, granola, and sliced almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: You can also add other fruits or toppings of your choice to customize the smoothie bowl to your liking.