Delight in the goodness of this homemade Vegan Maple Pecan Granola recipe—a wholesome and delicious treat that’s perfect for breakfast or snacking. Bursting with the sweet richness of pure maple syrup, toasted pecans, and a hint of cinnamon, this granola offers a satisfying crunch that pairs beautifully with your favorite plant-based milk or yogurt. It’s not only a delightful way to start your day but also a versatile ingredient that can be sprinkled over smoothie bowls, stirred into oatmeal, or enjoyed by the handful as an energizing snack. Plus, with the option to add dried cranberries or raisins, you can tailor it to your taste for the ultimate homemade granola experience.
Enjoy your homemade vegan maple pecan granola as a breakfast cereal with plant-based milk, a yogurt topping, or as a snack by itself. It’s the perfect combination of sweet, nutty, and crunchy goodness!
Tips for Storing
Store: Once cooled, transfer the vegan maple pecan granola to an airtight container or a sealable bag. Store it at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Maple Pecan Granola Recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds or raw pumpkin seeds (optional)
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped pecans, shredded coconut, and other nuts or seeds – if using. Stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Stir thoroughly to ensure that the dry ingredients are evenly coated with the syrup mixture.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 – 40 minutes, or until the granola turns light golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes for even baking. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- If you're using dried cranberries or raisins, add them to the granola as soon as you remove it from the oven and stir to combine.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet. It will continue to crisp up as it cools.