Experience a burst of fresh and vibrant flavors with our Beet and Mango Salad with Citrus Dressing recipe. This salad combines the earthiness of roasted beets, the sweetness of juicy mangoes, and a mix of fresh greens. The citrus dressing, infused with orange and lemon, adds a tangy and refreshing twist that is a perfect complement. It’s topped with sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds or pistachios for a satisfying crunch. Then the vegan feta cheese is added for a creamy finish. This salad is a true celebration of colors and flavors. Get ready to savor each mouthwatering bite and embark on a culinary adventure with our Beet and Mango Salad with Citrus Dressing.
Beet and Mango Salad with Citrus Dressing serving suggestions
- This salad can be served as a light dinner by adding some beans to the salad, such as chickpeas or cannellini beans. You can also serve the salad alongside grilled or roasted protein options. Tofu, tempeh, seitan, or plant-based meats are good options. The salad’s vibrant flavors will provide a lovely contrast to the savory and smoky notes of the protein.
- Create a wholesome and balanced meal by adding the Beet Salad to a quinoa or grain bowl. The salad’s beets, mangoes, and greens will add a burst of freshness and color to the bowl. The citrus dressing will enhance the overall flavor profile.
- Pair the salad with light and refreshing pasta dishes like lemon garlic pasta or pasta primavera. The salad’s tangy citrus dressing will complement the pasta’s flavors, while the beets, mangoes, and greens will add texture and visual appeal to the plate.
- Serve the salad alongside a sandwich, wrap, or burger. It pairs beautifully with a Vegan Lentil Burger.
- Crusty Bread and Dips: Enjoy the Beet and Mango Salad as part of a spread featuring crusty bread and a variety of plant-based dips like hummus, babaganoush, or roasted red pepper dip. The salad’s vibrant colors and refreshing flavors will provide a delightful contrast to the creamy and savory dips.
Beet and Mango Salad with Citrus Dressing
For the salad:
- 2 large beets, roasted and cubed
- 2 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios (almonds or pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup crumbled vegan feta (optional)
- mixed greens, baby greens
For the citrus vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or use 1 tablespoon minced shallot)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash the beet thoroughly and wrap it in aluminum foil. Place it on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the beet is tender when pierced with a fork. Once roasted, remove the beet from the oven and let it cool. Once cooled, peel the skin off and slice the beet into bite sized cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice,, olive oil, Dijon mustard or shallot, maple syrup, salt, until well combined. This is your citrus vinaigrette.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula and baby greens mix, roasted beet slices, diced mango, chopped pistachios (or almonds /pumpkin seeds), and crumbled vegan feta cheese, Toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle the citrus vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve the Arugula and Baby Greens Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette immediately and enjoy!