Enjoy a delightful holiday appetizer with our Cranberry Sauce Crostini recipe. This versatile dish combines the sweetness of cranberry sauce and the creaminess of vegan feta or cream cheese (or your preferred cheese) on perfectly toasted, crispy bread. These crostini can be prepared in advance and assembled just before serving. Customize your crostini with fresh herbs for a festive touch. This recipe offers a tasty and elegant option for your holiday gatherings or any special occasion, and it pairs wonderfully with a variety of beverages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use store-bought cranberry sauce, or should I make it from scratch?
You can use either store-bought or homemade cranberry sauce, depending on your preference and time constraints.
What type of bread is best for making crostini?
Baguette or French bread is commonly used for crostini, but you can choose other bread varieties if you prefer.
How far in advance can I prepare these crostini?
You can prepare the toasted bread and have the ingredients ready in advance, but it’s best to assemble the crostini shortly before serving to maintain their freshness.
Can I use a different type of cheese if I don’t like vegan feta cheese?
Absolutely, you can use vegan cream cheese, or other soft vegan cheeses that you prefer.
What can I substitute for fresh herbs for garnish?
If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried herbs or skip the garnish altogether.
Can I make these crostini gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free bread to make these crostini. Another option would be vegan gluten-free crackers.
How should I store leftover crostini?
Leftover crostini can be stored in an airtight separate containers in the refrigerator. You may need to re-toast the bread to maintain its crispness when serving again.
Can I make a larger batch for a party?
Yes, you can easily scale up the recipe to make a larger batch to accommodate more guests.
Are there variations to this recipe I can try?
You can get creative with the toppings, such as adding chopped nuts, a drizzle of maple syrup, or a sprinkle of herbs for extra flavor.
More Appetizing Crostini Recipes
- Roasted Parsnips and Garlic Crostini
- Blackberry Feta Crostini
- Strawberry and Pistachio Crostini
- Apricot and Almond Crostini
Cranberry Sauce Crostini
- baguette or French bread, thinly sliced
- olive Oil
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 oz. vegan feta cheese or vegan cream cheese
- fresh rosemary or thyme for garnish (optional)
- salt or pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the thinly sliced baguette or French bread on a baking sheet.Lightly brush each slice with olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven.Toast the bread for about 5-7 minutes or until it becomes golden brown and crisp.Keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
- Let the toasted bread slices cool slightly.Spread a layer of vegan feta cheese (or vegan cream cheese) on each slice.
- Let the toasted bread slices cool slightly.Spread a layer of goat cheese (or cream cheese) on each slice.
- If desired, garnish your cranberry sauce crostini with a small leaf of fresh rosemary or thyme for a pop of color and extra flavor.
- Arrange the crostini on a serving platter and serve immediately. They can be served warm or at room temperature.