These Vegan Seaweed & Catnip Treats are the ideal combination of nutritious ingredients to spoil your kitty friend. These snacks are nutrient-rich dried seaweed, filled with healthful oat flour, and have the pleasant appeal of catnip. Your pet will love them. A delicious dough is made with applesauce, coconut oil, and a small amount of maple syrup, then baked into little pleasures. These snacks are a fun and simple way to show your cat some love, and they’re also easy to make and store. Improve your pet’s snacking experience by offering this healthy, vegan, and handmade cat treat.
Cat dietary checklist
- Gluten free (use gluten free oat flour)
- Citrus free
- Nightshade free
- Vegan (no beef, fish, chicken)
- Corn free
- Wheat free
- Barley free
- Dairy free
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my cat likes seaweed?
Introduce seaweed gradually. If your cat shows interest and doesn’t display any adverse reactions, it’s likely to be a hit!
What’s the significance of including seaweed?
Seaweed offers a range of minerals and nutrients that contribute to your cat’s well-being, promoting a healthy coat and skin.
Is it suitable for cats with allergies?
Check with your vet for specific dietary concerns. Adjust ingredients based on your cat’s health needs.
Can I make larger batches and freeze them?
Absolutely! Freeze extra treats for convenient, long-term storage.
How often can I give these treats to my cat?
As with any treats, moderation is key.
Can dogs eat these treats too?
While the ingredients are generally safe, it’s tailored for cats. Consult your vet before sharing with dogs.
Store the treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer shelf life, you can store them in the refrigerator.
These vegan seaweed and catnip treats are a delightful way to pamper your feline friend with a unique and healthy snack. Enjoy watching your cat savor these tasty morsels!
Seaweed & Catnip Treats (for Cats)
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup dried seaweed (nori), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon catnip
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, applesauce, water, and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes or simply roll out and cut the dough into small squares.
- Place the treats on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the treats to cool completely before serving them to your cat.