This Vegan Cherry Chocolate Cobbler is an irresistible and decadent treat! It’s a fusion of syrupy cherries and a cocoa-infused biscuit style topping. Perfect for a cozy date night, a family tasty dessert, or as a sweet surprise treat for Valentine’s Day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this Vegan Cherry Chocolate Cobbler difficult to make?
Not at all! This recipe is straightforward, and you’ll be enjoying the delicious cobbler in no time.
How can I make this faster and easier?
You can use store bought cherry pie filling as a shortcut for making the filling in your Vegan Cherry Chocolate Cobbler. Using store-bought cherry pie filling can save you time and effort. Simply spread the cherry pie filling evenly in the baking dish before adding the cobbler topping.
Can I customize the toppings of the cobbler?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and add your favorite vegan-friendly toppings, like dairy-free ice cream or whipped coconut cream.
How can I store leftovers?
Store any leftover cobbler in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. You can reheat it in the oven or microwave.
Can I make this cobbler ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the cherry filling and topping separately in advance. Assemble and bake when you’re ready to serve for a fresh-from-the-oven experience.
Are there gluten-free options for this cobbler?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend to make the cobbler topping, ensuring it’s suitable for those with gluten sensitivities.
What occasions is this cobbler suitable for?
This Vegan Cherry Chocolate Cobbler is perfect for various occasions, from casual family dinners to special celebrations like date nights or Valentine’s Day.
Can I use a different fruit in place of cherries?
Absolutely! This recipe is versatile, and you can experiment with various fruits like berries, peaches, or a combination for a personalized touch.
How can I make the cobbler less sweet?
Adjust the sugar quantity to your taste preference in both the cherry filling and the cobbler topping.
Can I make mini individual cobblers with this recipe?
Absolutely! Divide the cherry filling and cobbler topping among individual ramekins and adjust the baking time accordingly.
More Delicious Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Best Vegan Berry Cobbler
- Nice Cream, Ice Cream
- Cherry Pie
- Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Cherry Chocolate Cobbler
For the filling:
- 6 cups fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (such as almond)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract for a filling. Toss until the cherries are evenly coated. Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt for the topping.
- Add the non-dairy milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined but don't over mix. The batter will be thick.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the cherry mixture, spreading it out evenly. Leave some gaps for the filling to peek through.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 – 45 minutes or until the topping is cooked through and the cherries are bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vegan ice cream or a dollop of coconut whipped cream, if desired.