Vegan Creamy Olive Pesto Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Feta is easy to make but tastes gourmet. The richness of the pesto pasta with a luscious creamy sauce, tossed with sun-dried tomatoes and vegan feta is bursting with flavors!
Serve for lunch or dinner and transform your everyday meals into culinary experiences with the vibrant and savory notes of this indulgent yet easy-to-make dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite pasta shape or a gluten-free alternative.
How long does it take to make this creamy pasta?
The recipe can be prepared in approximately 20-25 minutes, making it a quick and convenient meal.
Can I make the olive pesto in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the olive pesto ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it in the pasta dish.
Is the vegan feta store-bought or homemade?
You can use either store-bought or homemade vegan feta based on your preference and availability.
Is the creamy sauce suitable for freezing?
While the creamy sauce can be frozen, pasta dishes are generally best enjoyed fresh for optimal texture.
What other vegetables can I add to the pasta?
Customize the dish by adding sautéed chopped spinach or kale, chopped tomatoes, or roasted bell peppers for additional flavors and textures.
Can I use another plant-based milk instead of almond milk?
Certainly! Choose your preferred plant-based milk, such as soy, oat, or cashew milk.
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Is nutritional yeast necessary, and can I substitute it?
Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor, but you can omit it or substitute with a vegan Parmesan alternative if preferred.
Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes?
While sun-dried tomatoes add a unique flavor, you can use fresh tomatoes, but they may alter the dish’s intensity.
What’s the best way to reheat leftover pasta?
Reheat the pasta gently on the stovetop with a splash of water or almond milk to maintain its creamy texture.
Can I add spiciness in the pesto?
Absolutely! Adjust the spiciness by adding chili flakes to the olive pesto sauce based on your taste preferences.
Is there a substitute for vegan cream cheese?
You can substitute vegan cream cheese with coconut cream or cashew cream for a creamy texture.
Can I make this pasta dish for a large group?
Absolutely! Simply adjust the quantities based on the number of servings needed.
More Delicious Pasta Dishes
- Creamy Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta
- Best Roasted Ratatouille Pasta
- Butternut Squash and Mac and Cheese
- Tuscan White Bean Penne Pasta
- Easy Vegan Pesto Pasta
- Chili Mac and Cheese
- Quick Pumpkin Alfredo
- Lentil Bolognese
Enjoy your Vegan Creamy Pasta with Olive Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Vegan Feta!
Creamy Olive Pesto Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Feta
- 8 oz. favorite vegan pasta (about 225g)
- 1 cup vegan olive pesto (see recipe link in notes)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup vegan feta, crumbled
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or plant-based milk)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the Vegan Olive Pesto (recipe link in notes) following the provided recipe.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the almond milk, nutritional yeast, and vegan cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the Vegan Olive Pesto to the creamy mixture and stir well to combine. Adjust the consistency with more almond milk if needed.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the creamy olive pesto sauce until evenly coated.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled vegan feta to the pasta. Gently toss to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust the flavor by adding more nutritional yeast or olive pesto if desired.
- Serve the creamy pasta in bowls, garnished with fresh basil or parsley if you like.