Enjoy the refreshing and tangy flavors of Pink Watermelon Lemonade. This thirst-quenching beverage combines the sweetness of watermelon with the zesty kick of lemon juice.
Blended watermelon is strained to achieve a smooth consistency, then mixed with cold water, fresh lemon juice, and a touch of maple syrup for natural sweetness. Serve over ice with a garnish of fresh mint leaves for a burst of freshness. This easy-to-make summer drink is perfect for picnics, parties, or simply enjoying on a hot day.
What to serve with lemonade
In the summer, this drink is refreshing alongside salads like watermelon feta salad, strawberry spinach salad, or a citrus avocado salad. The light and fruity flavors of the lemonade will complement the fresh ingredients in the salad.
Don’t forget about BBQ or Grilled Dishes. This Watermelon lemonade goes so well with grilled vegetables, plant-based burgers, veggie kebabs, or BBQ tofu. The sweet and tangy flavors of the lemonade provide a nice contrast to the smoky and savory flavor of grilled dishes.
Pink Watermelon Lemonade Storage
Watermelon Lemonade is best enjoyed fresh. However, if you have any leftovers, you can store it in a covered pitcher or airtight container in the refrigerator. It is recommended to consume the lemonade within 1-2 days for optimal taste and freshness. Before serving any leftover lemonade, give it a good stir as some separation may occur. If the lemonade has been refrigerated for a while, you may also want to taste and adjust the sweetness or add more ice cubes if needed.
Pink Watermelon Lemonade
- 1 Blender
- 1 Fine-mesh sleve
- 1 Pitcher or large bowl
- 1 Stirring Utensil
- 4 -6 Glasses
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 4 cups cold water
- ¼ cup maple syrup, or agave (adjust to taste)
- ice cubes (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- In a blender, add the cubed watermelon and blend until smooth.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a pitcher or large bowl and pour the blended watermelon through it to strain out any pulp or seeds.
- Add the lemon juice, cold water, and maple syrup (or agave syrup) to the pitcher. Stir well to combine.
- Taste the lemonade and adjust the sweetness by adding more syrup if desired.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the watermelon lemonade over the ice.
- Stir well before serving and enjoy the refreshing watermelon lemonade. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.