You’ll have a blast in the kitchen making our Vegan Pesto Potato Pizza! This pizza is a flavor-packed masterpiece that’s fantastic for any time you’re craving a delightful homemade dish. It’s versatile enough to be a star at family dinners, casual get-togethers, or even as a special weeknight dinner.
Imagine the crispy, golden crust topped with creamy vegan pesto, tender potato slices, sweet caramelized onions, and a hint of tomato sauce. Plus, let’s not forget the ooey-gooey vegan cheese, all melty and irresistible! The result? A tasty, unique pizza that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just getting started, this pizza is your ticket to pizza paradise!
With a prep and cook time of just around 35-45 minutes, you can easily whip up this scrumptious pizza for a quick and satisfying meal that everyone will love.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make the potatoes crispier on Pesto Potato Pizza?
If you want your potato slices to be crisp on the pizza, you can soak them in cold water for about 30 minutes before using them as a topping. This step helps remove excess starch from the potato slices and can result in a crisper texture when they are baked on the pizza. Here’s how to do it:
- After slicing the potatoes, place them in a bowl of cold water.
- Allow them to soak for about 30 minutes, changing the water once or twice during that time.
- After soaking, drain and pat the potato slices dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Then, arrange the dried potato slices on your pizza as a topping along with the other ingredients.
- This pre-soaking method can help achieve a crispier texture for the potatoes on your pizza. However, it’s optional, and if you prefer a softer potato topping, you can skip this step and place the raw potato slices directly on the pizza.
More Delicious Vegan Pizza Recipes
Pesto Potato Pizza
- 1 lb. (about 450g) pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- cornmeal or flour (for dusting)
- vegan pesto sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- vegan pizza sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- vegan cheese (shredded or sliced)
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, thinly sliced (use a mandoline slicer if available)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while preheating.
- In a skillet, heat 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they become soft. (about 2 -3 minutes). Then set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness. If you're using a pizza stone, transfer the rolled-out dough to a piece of parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal or flour.
- Spread a thin layer of store-bought pizza sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a small border for the crust.Spoon dollops of store-bought vegan pesto sauce over the pizza sauce.
- Arrange the thinly sliced potatoes evenly on top of the pesto and pizza sauce. Add the sliced onions on top of the potatoes.Sprinkle a generous amount of vegan cheese on top of the potatoes and caramelized onions. Use as much or as little as you prefer.
- If using a pizza stone, carefully slide the parchment paper with the assembled pizza onto the hot stone. Otherwise, place the pizza on a baking sheet.Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden, the vegan cheese is melted and bubbly, and the toppings are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool slightly. Slice and serve your delicious and convenient Vegan Pesto Potato Pizza.