Black Bean Salsa is loaded with fresh vegetables and black beans. It’s a tasty and healthy appetizer or side dish that can be made in less than 10 minutes! This salsa consists of black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, olive oil, lime juice and seasonings. The recipe is simple to make. Make it in one bowl! Serve with tortilla chips, on top of tacos or salads, or even as a topping for cornbread!
Serving options for black bean salsa
Tortilla chips: Serve this salsa with a side of tortilla chips for a classic snack or appetizer.
Tacos or burritos: Top your favorite vegan tacos with a spoonful of this salsa for added flavor and texture. Or use as a filling for tacos or burritos! Try on Mushroom Tacos or Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Tacos!
Salad: Use this salsa as a topping for a vegan salad. Then add other fresh vegetables and a vinaigrette dressing.
Quesadillas: Use this bean salsa and add vegan cheese to make a delicious quesadilla.
Stuffed bell peppers or zucchini: Stuff bell peppers or zucchini with black bean salsa. Then add your favorite vegan cheese for a tasty and healthy meal.
Wraps: Roll up bean salsa in a vegan wrap with other veggies and hummus or avocado for a quick and easy lunch. Make a healthy wrap and use as a filling for lettuce wraps or collard green wraps.
Sweet potatoes or baked potatoes: As a topping for baked sweet potatoes or regular potatoes.
Nachos: A tasty topping for nachos.
Quinoa or Brown Rice: Mix this bean salsa with rice quinoa for a tasty salad. Try on Cauliflower Rice!
Black bean salsa should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for about 3-4 days. Be sure to stir it well before serving as the ingredients tend to settle.
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups corn (frozen, fresh, canned – drained and rinsed)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the black beans, corn, tomato, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime and olive oil over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.