Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Roasted Vegetables is delicious and nutritious. It features a rich tomato sauce combined with a variety of roasted vegetables, including onions, zucchini and bell peppers. Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal, Enjoy as is, or pair with your favorite plant-based protein (such as vegan meatballs) for a complete and satisfying meal. It is also a kid friendly meal. Can be served with garlic and a salad.
This makes the perfect light meal. Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Roasted Vegetables is a kid friendly meal, too.
Other Roasted Vegetable Add On Suggestions:
- Yellow Squash
Spaghetti with tomato sauce and roasted vegetables can be served in various ways. Here are some serving options:
- Vegan Chickpea Meatballs,.Quick Lentil Meatballs or Vegan Red Lentil Meatballs. Topped with vegan meatballs or vegan sausage for a heartier meal.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese sprinkled on top. Topped with vegan parmesan cheese and chopped fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley.
- Served with garlic bread or breadsticks.
- Bread. Served with a side of crusty bread for dipping in the tomato sauce.
- Salad. Served with a side of vegan Caesar salad or simple mixed greens salad with vegan garlic bread for a complete Italian-inspired meal.
- Served with roasted garlic asparagus or roasted brussels sprouts for an extra serving of veggies.
- Topped with vegan pesto and cherry tomatoes for a burst of freshness and flavor. Try Vegan Basil Pesto or Kale and Pumpkin Seed Pesto.
- Served with a side of steamed or sautéed green beans, Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans, or broccoli for a healthy side dish.
If you have leftover spaghetti with tomato sauce and roasted vegetables, you can put it in an airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Roasted Vegetables
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 14 oz can or jar of tomato sauce
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced and chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 pint container of cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the sliced vegetables with the olive oil, oregano, (optional seasonings), salt, and pepper in a baking dish.
- Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the tomato sauce over low heat.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked and drained, add it to the saucepan with the tomato sauce.
- Stir to combine and serve with the roasted vegetables on top. Enjoy your vegan spaghetti with tomato sauce and roasted vegetables!