Vegan Parmesan Cheese is a dairy-free alternative to traditional parmesan cheese. It’s made with cashews and it’s simple to make. It’s deliciously cheesy-nutty, and packed with plant-based protein.
Use it as a topping for pasta, salads, soups, roasted vegetables and other savory dishes for a boost of flavor and nutrition. Whether you’re vegan or simply looking for a healthier alternative to traditional parmesan cheese, this vegan parmesan made with cashews is a great option. It’s even amazing on popcorn!
Serving options for vegan parmesan
- Sprinkled on top of pasta dishes
- As a topping for salads and roasted vegetables
- Mixed into quick vegan mashed potatoes, vegan roasted garlic mashed potatoes or risotto
- Sprinkled on top of soups or stews
- Used as a seasoning for roasted nuts or popcorn
- Added to vegan pizza or flatbreads as a topping
These are just a few options for serving vegan parmesan. It can be used in many recipes to add a savory, cheesy flavor without the use of dairy. Enjoy this dairy-free option of Parmesan Cheese. This Vegan Parmesan Cheese is tasty on pastas, garlic bread, roasted vegetables, soups, casseroles, snacks, and even sprinkled on popcorn!
Vegan cashew parmesan cheese can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It can also be frozen for longer storage. To freeze, place the cheese in a freezer-safe container or resealable freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw the cheese in the refrigerator overnight before using it.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt into a food processor.
- Pulse until finely ground and well combined.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy as a dairy-free alternative to parmesan cheese!