The spicy and tangy flavors of our Vegan Cajun Potato Salad will delight everyone’s taste buds. Tender red potatoes are perfectly coated in the creamy Cajun-infused sauce, which has an excellent mix of vegan mayonnaise, veggies, herbs and special spices. This recipe for Cajun Potato Salad is sure to please any crowd, whether it is served at a summer barbecue or eaten with your preferred main course. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of potato?
Red potatoes work well for this recipe. However, you can also use Yukon Gold or russet potatoes depending on your preference.
Can I make this potato salad ahead of time?
Absolutely! It’s even better if allowed to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavors meld.
How do I adjust the spice level?
Increase or decrease the amount of cayenne seasoning and hot sauce based on your desired spice level.
Can I use store-bought Cajun seasoning instead of these seasonings?
Yes, store-bought Cajun seasoning can be used, but be mindful of the salt content and adjust accordingly.
Is this dish suitable for outdoor gatherings?
Absolutely! Cajun Potato Salad is a fantastic addition to barbecues, picnics, and other outdoor events.
What other vegetables can I add?
Feel free to customize with your favorite vegetables. Corn, cherry tomatoes, diced bell peppers, or olives can be tasty additions.
How long can leftovers be stored?
Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2-3 days. Ensure proper storage in an airtight container.
Can I make this potato salad gluten-free?
Yes, the recipe is naturally gluten-free. Just ensure that the Cajun seasoning and other ingredients are gluten-free.
What’s the best way to serve Cajun Potato Salad?
Serve it chilled as a side dish alongside grilled vegetables, veggie or bean burgers, or as a refreshing addition to a summer potluck.
Can I make it less spicy for kids?
To make it milder for kids, reduce the amount cayenne seasoning and hot sauce.
More Delicious Potato Side Dishes
- Potato Tater Tots
- Italian Roasted Potatoes
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Potato Leek Latkes
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Roasted Pesto Potatoes
- Healthy Baked French Fries
Vegan Cajun Potato Salad
- 2.5 lbs. red potatoes, washed and cubed (peeled or unpeeled depending on preference)
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 – 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ⅛ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Place the cubed potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and add a pinch of salt. Boil until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and let them cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Cajun seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add the cooled potatoes to the bowl with the dressing. Gently toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Fold in the chopped celery, diced red and green bell peppers, and sliced green onions. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the Cajun Potato Salad for at least 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, garnish the potato salad with fresh chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the Cajun Potato Salad chilled as a flavorful side dish for barbecues, picnics, or any meal.