Sweet Potato Fries are a delightful version of potato fries. They add a sweetness that is irresistible. Serve with your favorite sauce and use as a side where you would normally serve fries. These fries that are easy to make and perfect for a snack or side dish.
Serve on Game Day, Game Night, Family Night or casual gatherings with friends.
How to Make Vegan Sweet Potato Fries
To make vegan sweet potato fries, start by preheating your oven to 400°F. Cut sweet potatoes into fries, toss them with olive oil and your favorite seasonings, and spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until crispy and golden brown. Enjoy!
- Cinnamon and sugar: For a sweet twist, mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the fries.
- Garlic and herb: Mix together minced garlic, dried herbs like thyme or rosemary, salt and pepper, and sprinkle over the fries.
- Curry powder: Add a punch of flavor with curry powder. Sprinkle it over the fries for an Indian-inspired twist.
- Smoky paprika: Add a smoky flavor to your sweet potato fries with smoky paprika.
- Cajun seasoning: Mix together Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper and sprinkle over the fries for a bit of heat.
- Za’atar: Sprinkle a Middle Eastern spice blend like Za’atar over the fries for a savory and slightly tangy flavor.
- Everything bagel seasoning: Mix together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt and sprinkle over the fries for a crunchy and flavorful topping.
- Parmesan cheese: Sprinkle some Vegan Parmesan cheese over the fries for a cheesy twist.
- Cumin and chili powder: For a smoky and spicy flavor, try seasoning your sweet potato fries with a mix of cumin and chili powder.
- Rosemary and garlic: A classic flavor combination, rosemary and garlic can add an earthy and aromatic touch.
- Curry powder: If you’re in the mood for something a bit more exotic, try dusting your sweet potato fries with curry powder for a warm and fragrant flavor.
- Paprika and thyme: For a slightly sweet and smoky flavor, try seasoning your sweet potato fries with a mix of paprika and thyme.
- Lemon pepper: For a fresh and zesty flavor, sprinkle your sweet potato fries with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cinnamon and sugar: If you’re looking for a sweet and comforting flavor, try dusting your sweet potato fries with a mix of cinnamon and sugar.
- Za’atar: This Middle Eastern spice blend contains a mix of herbs like thyme and oregano, as well as sumac and sesame seeds, which can add a tangy and nutty flavor to your sweet potato fries.
- Garlic and parmesan: For a savory and cheesy flavor, try seasoning your sweet potato fries with garlic and parmesan cheese.
The Perfect Dips for These Fries:
These dips can be homemade or store-bought, depending on your preference. There are many dips to choose from or just have them plain with a little salt or seasonings.
- Garlic aioli:
- Easy Hummus Recipe
- Chipotle mayo
- Roasted Beet Hummus
- Sriracha mayo: Mix sriracha sauce with vegan mayo to make a spicy and creamy dip for sweet potato fries.
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Ranch dressing (vegan options available)
- Maple mustard dipping sauce: Combine Dijon mustard and pure maple syrup in a small bowl, adjust the proportions to taste, and serve as a dip for the fries.
- Spicy ketchup
- Vegan ranch:
- Avocado lime dip: Mash avocado with lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper for a fresh and flavorful dip.
- Cilantro lime dip
- Curry Ketchup Dip:
- Vegan Queso dip
- Peanut sauce or Almond Sauce:
- Spicy Sriracha Mayo: Mix together vegan mayo with Sriracha sauce, lime juice, and a pinch of salt for a tangy and spicy dipping sauce.
- Tahini Sauce: Combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, and salt in a blender until smooth for a creamy and savory dip.
- Maple Cinnamon Yogurt: Mix together vegan yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt for a sweet and tangy dip.
- Smoky Chipotle Ketchup: Combine ketchup, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt for a smoky and spicy dip.
- Green Goddess Dip: Blend together vegan mayo, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, basil, parsley, and salt for a creamy and herbaceous dip.
More Delicious Side Recipes
- Healthy Baked French Fries
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Easy Skillet Garlic String Beans
- Roasted Carrots
- Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into thin fries.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add sweet potato fries to the bowl and coat them with the mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over fries and toss to coat.
- Spread fries in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Serve plain or with your favorite sauce, and enjoy!